The Texas Diversity Council (TXDC) is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization committed to fostering a learning environment for organizations to grow in their knowledge of diversity. The TXDC is a great opportunity for organizations to learn from some of the top corporate leaders in the area of diversity.
The TXDC is currently made up of six Councils throughout the state of Texas. The Councils serve the greater Metropolitan Areas of Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth, Houston, San Antonio, and Corpus Christi.
We are committed to diversity and the transformation of our work place and community into environments where people are valued for their uniqueness and are secure in the knowledge that their efforts make a difference.
Enhance appreciation for and understanding of the value of Diversity and inclusion. We will achieve success through the efforts and activities which:
- Advance corporate leadership education/awareness of the varied dimension of diversity
- Commit leaders to discuss issues and challenge attitudes, and promote organizational change that supports diversity
- Promote outreach efforts to our youth that inspire mutual respect and understanding
- Promote Diversity in the workplace and the community
- Develop leaders educated in and aware of all aspects of diversity
- Develop youth programs that support diversity education and awareness
- Leadership that values diversity and inclusion and stimulates the potential of each individuals to contribute and achieve their goals
- Ethical leadership that promotes trust, mutual respect, and understanding
- Teamwork and alliances that cultivate Diversity and Inclusive work environments
- Networking and mentoring opportunities with corporate leaders and peers
- Diversity First community outreach for local high school teens
- Scholarship program for deserving high school and college students
- Awards and recognition program to promote diversity initiatives
Texas Diversity Council is a member of the National Diversity Council